Friday, October 28, 2011

Fox Rent A Car San Diego - Update

If you recall my last post about renting with Fox in San Diego you'll recall how dangerous the first car was and how long it took to get a clean car. Well, I finally received a response from their customer service department on Friday last week. It only took 12 days after I was told I would be contacted ASAP. The response was mostly laughable to me. They offered to refund up to 30% of my rental and offered me a free day any time I wanted to use it.

My response - You can shove it.

It wasn't in so few words, but that is what I essentially told them. I reminded them the car endangered my life and that this was not the first time they had given me a car that had problems on the road. I also reminded them it took nearly two weeks to respond to an issue I was told to expect a response ASAP. I continued to lecture them on customer service concepts and that their fleet extends beyond 40,000 miles on average. I told them to keep the 30% and the free rental.

I would rather leave things as they are than deal with that company again. I highly recommend that you do not rent with Fox at any time. If it's the last rental company wherever you may be, take a cab. It will be safer and probably cleaner.

Another piece of information to this happened this afternoon. I had updated my Facebook post to Fox's Facebook site a few times telling them I had not received any contact. I got a response from that guy 3 weeks later asking if anyone had contacted me yet...  Really!? Sheesh! These guys are really on top of things.... Need I say more about Fox?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I was looking for some information about Fox car rental company because I planning to rent a car from them, and suddenly I find your blog telling me to do otherwise. I can understand the issue you have with them and I respect your point of view.

    ReplyDelete