Friday, August 12, 2011

I never liked Dodge until today

<p>So I arrive in Memphis ready to pick up my rental car. I was pleasantly surprised to get upgraded to a brand new 2011 Dodge Charger. Appearance wise this car is way better than previous recent model years with the addition of a retro style full car width tail light lit up with nearly 150 led lights. It sort of makes a race track around the edges spanning the width of the car. The body is muscular with bulges just around the front fenders and hard lines increasing in width heading to the rear of the car. I got a retro rust orange color. I kinda dug that whole look.</p>
<p>The car has enough power under the hood even with a V6 to get you moving down the road and into or out of trouble - depending on your current situation. I got an impressive 33mpg for 85 miles down the Interstate from Memphis to Jackson, TN.  Even while in town I still managed to average an impressive 26mpg. The mpg rating for this car is 18 city and 27 hwy. I started my mpg monitor from the point I picked up the car and left it as is for an entire 5 days. Its a 19 gallon tank and I was able to get about 432 miles with just over a quarter tank left. That is impressive, friends.</p>
<p>The interior has been nicely upgraded to include soft feel material on the dash and doors. The stock 5" touch screen centered in the dash is great for navigating radio stations and your bluetooth enabled phone contacts. The bluetooth connectivity was easy to use and very clear.</p>
<p>My biggest complaint is the transmission. It has a 5 speed automatic with electronic manual shift capabilities. It just has to be moved to neutral and then Drive to get it back in automatic mode. Obviously this is not ideal while driving. I could not find any other way it get it back to automatic mode.</p>
<p>Normally, I wouldn't even consider Dodge on my list of cars when looking for a new vehicle. Gas mileage has always been subpart when compared to other manufacturers. It looks like Dodge may have turned a technology corner here and improved their abilities.</p>
<p>If you are looking to buy a new car in the near future and want something sporty, but still family friendly, check out the 2011 Dodge Charger. It is most definitely worth at least a test drive. </p>

No comments:

Post a Comment